At Guzman y Gomez there’s a great story behind everything we do, from our food to our people, our history to our merch.
We have spent the last couple of months uncovering the unbelievable and little-known GYG stories. For the next 60 days, we will be asking Australia Did You Know?
Did You Know there’s a lime hidden in our logo? It represents our love of fresh ingredients. Have you noticed it? Once you find out where it is you’ll never unsee it!
Have you ever wondered what our most popular item on the GYG menu is? You’re about to discover a whole lot more about your fave fast food!
Did You Know GYG is reinventing fast food? From today, we will be releasing 60 facts about GYG over 60 days across our Instagram and TikTok. If you’re on the go, listen out for our new fact being released across Nova.
Australia – are you ready???
Share your favourite GYG fact at #GYGDidYouKnow and follow the action at @guzmanygomez and (tiktok) guzman y gomez. You can also check the list below, we’ll be updating this blog to bring you all the facts.
- Fact 1: GYG rolls a fresh burrito every 2 seconds! 🌯
- Fact 2: GYG’s Corn Chips are made fresh in our restaurants every day!
- Fact 3: GYG’s Big Brekkie Burrito has two hash browns in it!
- Fact 4: GYG guests enjoyed 23 millions serves of guacamole last year!
- Fact 5: It took 2 years to develop GYG’s Fries to ensure there were NO added preservatives or unacceptable additives!
- Fact 6: GYG’s hard shell Taco with iceberg lettuce, cheese and ground beef costs just $3
- Fact 7: GYG’s logo is made from sticky tape. It’s inspired by tape used in Mexican Taquerias!
- Fact 8: GYG’s Guacamole is made fresh in-store daily!
- Fact 9: GYG has a sundae with a churro in it
- Fact 10: GYG was the first food company to trial commercial drone delivery in 2017!
- Fact 11: The first GYG opened in 2006 in Newtown, NSW and is still going strong!
- Fact 12: GYG has given away over 400,000 pairs of GYG socks since 2018
- Fact 13: New users get a FREE BURRITO when they sign up to Gomex Rewards on the GYG App!
- Fact 14: There’s no added preservatives, no artificial flavours, no added colours and no unacceptable additives in our food!
- Fact 15: GYG guests made over 57 millions menu customisations last year!
- Fact 16: GYG Veggies are chopped and prepped fresh in-store every morning!
- Fact 17: GYG crew hats have stripes on the side to indicate how many years they’ve worked at GYG!
- Fact 18: GYG’s slow cooked beef is cooked for 12 hours before serving!
- Fact 19: GYG plans to open 16 new drive thrus by the end of June! That’s a new restaurant nearly every week!
- Fact 20: GYG has over 180 restaurants across Australia, USA, Japan and Singapore
- Fact 21: The starburst in GYG’s logo is actually a lime cut in half!
- Fact 22: GYG photography only shows real food made by our cooks!
- Fact 23: GYG’s highest selling menu item is the chicken burrito
- Fact 24: Coriander was added to over two and half million GYG orders last year!
- Fact 25: GYG used to have a replica Mexican Taxi that took guests to the nearest GYG!
- Fact 26: GYG plans to hire thousands of new crew this year.
- Fact 27: GYG’s Salsa Station is still free in-store!
- Fact 28: GYG now serves barista-made iced coffee!
- Fact 29: Chipotle mayo is the most popular dipping sauce with GYG Fries.
- Fact 30: GYG only uses 100% Australian-grown rice!
- Fact 31: GYG was founded in 2006 by two childhood friends
- Fact 32: 14 GYG Franchisees started their journey working in GYG restaurants or in our Hola Central head office
- Fact 33: GYG Virginia, QLD holds the record for the biggest opening day with 6,401 burritos and bowls sold!
- Fact 34: GYG’s Pico de Gallo is made fresh in-store daily.
- Fact 35: GYG sold over 27 million burritos and bowls last year!
- Fact 36: GYG used 8.8 million fresh Aussie avocados last year.
- Fact 37: The only way to get GYG hoodies and t-shirts is to work for us
- Fact 38: Over 500k Aussies ordered using the GYG App last year
- Fact 39: GYG’s first restaurant in Japan opened in 2015 in the famous Harajuku district
- Fact 40: GYG’s Pulled Pork is slow-cooked for 7 hrs before serving!
- Fact 41: GYG cooks over 11,000 free ranged eggs every morning at brekkie.
- Fact 42: Some couples love GYG so much they’ve asked us to cater their weddings!!
- Fact 43: You will NEVER find a microwave in a GYG kitchen!
- Fact 44: From Queensland tomatoes to potatoes from Tassie, GYG loves fresh Aussie produce.
- Fact 45: You can get guacamole on toast for brekkie at GYG!
- Fact 46: GYG restaurants are home to 77 original pieces of street art by a collective of 15 different artists!
- Fact 47: GYG bags are made of 100% recyclable paper.
- Fact 48: GYG’s values have not changed since day 1 and are displayed in every restaurant around the world!
- Fact 49: GYG sold over 11 million serves of chipotle-seasoned fries last year.
- Fact 50: Did you know GYG’s flame grilled chicken is 100% Lilydale free range?
- Fact 51: GYG has 16 restaurants in Singapore!
- Fact 52: GYG has a burrito with fries in it. The Cali is a cult classic!
- Fact 53: GYG’s first drive-thru restaurant opened in Nerang on the Gold Coast!
- Fact 54: GYG caters! Our largest order to date is 500 burritos and bowls!
- 55: Some guests love GYG so much they got tattoos!
- 56: GYG plans to open over 30 new restaurants this year.
- 57: It took 21 versions to create GYG’s perfectly crunchy corn chip!
- 58: Over 60 of Australia’s top athletes have invested in GYG.
- 59: When you order GYG’s veggie filling, guacamole is always included FREE!
- 60: over 700,000 guests eat at GYG every single week!